The first page in a new notebook, the first sentence on a fresh sheet of paper, the first entry on a new blog…
The sentiment is the same. Just to get it over with, I’ll give 10 reasons – not necessarily in any particular order – why I started this blog.
- As CEO of a large bank I am often asked for my opinion, so why not provide it in the form of a blog ?
- I don’t like being misquoted in the press, I might as well write it down myself.
- Writing is helpful in structuring my thoughts.
- I like to learn something new and blogging, including the technical part, is new.
- Improving communication with the community I am part of. Staff, clients and others.
- I care about Romania and hope to contribute to a better discussion on topics I consider important.
- I would like to share some of my experience with others.
- I want the improve the public image of bankers and banking (yes, I am ambitious)
- Writing is helpful in dealing with stress.
- I thought it might be fun.
It is a journey, I am not sure what I’ll find on the way, but I expect to have interesting encounters and to visit new places. I’ll write about what I feel writing about. Banking, Romania, work-life balance, CSR will be recurring topics.
Comment if you like, it makes it more interesting for all. Thank you for reading.